Series 120 AWWA Eccentric Plug Valves
The Series 120 AWWA Eccentric Plug Valve delivers the high level of performance you have come to expect with Homestead. The valve design fully conforms to AWWA C517-Latest revision. Principle applications include clean water, dirty water, sludges and gases for Water, Wastewater, HVAC and Industrial services.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- BODY: The Homestead eccentric body, plug and bonnet is made of ASTM A126 Class B cast iron. ASTM A536 65-45-12 ductile iron is also available. Flange thickness, diameter and drilling fully conform to ANSI B16.1 Class 125. Mechanical joint ends conform to ANSI/AWWA C111/A21.11.
- PLUG: The single piece plug/stem is designed for a quick lift camming motion to provide both low torque and reduced wear of the plug face elastomer. A wide range of plug elastomers are available to assure complete application compatibility.
- BONNET: The high stresses associated with compression gasketing have been eliminated by incorporating high quality o-rings into our bonnet design.
- SEAT: Homestead’s eccentric valve seat has been geometrically optimized for low torque operation and extended life. A minimum 95% welded nickel seat is incorporated to resist the effects of corrosion and erosion.
- STEM SEAL: Homestead’s fully adjustable chevron-style v-ring type seals assure positive stem sealing.
- BEARINGS: Permanently lubricated 316SS radial bearings assure long trouble-free operation.
- FLOW: The valve ports have been enlarged and tapered to reduce pressure drop and provide enhanced handling of municipal sludges.
- POSITION INDICATORS: Integral travel stops provide for full travel indication in both directions. Intermediate positions are indicated in 10-degree increments. Positive indication is given on lever or gear operated valves.
- COATINGS: A wide range of epoxy coatings are available to suit most applications.
- TESTING: Each valve is shop-tested according to AWWA C517 requirements.
- ACTUATION: Valves are available with lever, manual gear, pneumatic and electric actuation.