Series 820 AWWA Butterfly Valves
The Series 820 AWWA Butterfly Valve delivers the high level of performance you have come to expect with Homestead. The valve design fully conforms to AWWA C504 Class 150B - Latest revision. Principle applications include clean water, dirty water and gas for Water, Wastewater and Industrial services. Valves are certified to NSF/ANSI-61 and NSF/ANSI-372.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- BODY: The ASTM A536 65-45-12 ductile iron body meets or exceeds the design strength requirements of AWWA C504 standards. Flange thickness, diameter and drilling fully conform to ANSI B16.1 Class 125. Mechanical joint ends conform to ANSI/AWWA C111/A21.11.
- DISC: The smooth profile concentric design ASTM A536 65-45-12 ductile iron disc minimizes pressure drop across the valve and ensures stable flow characteristics.
- DISC EDGE: The disc has a 316SS edge to help reduce sealing torque and provide reliable long-lasting service.
- SHAFT: The 316SS shaft is a one-piece through design providing high strength and positive control.
- SEAT: The entire through surface of the body is bonded and vulcanized with a durable elastomer to prevent corrosion of the valve interior. Bi-directional tight shutoff is standard.
- SHAFT SEALS: Top and bottom seals are self-compensating chevron-style v-type to assure positive sealing.
- BEARINGS: Corrosion-resistant sleeve-type top and bottom bearings provide smooth and stick-free operation and are suitable for vertical or horizontal shaft loading.
- COATING: The body and disc are evenly coated with a high-quality epoxy as standard. A wide range of coatings are available to suit most applications.
- TESTING: Each valve is shop-tested to AWWA C504 requirements. The valves are capable of 200psi field hydrostatic testing.
- ACTUATION: Valves are available with lever, manual gear, pneumatic and electric actuation.