Series 600SJ Lubricated Asphalt Plug Valves
The Series 600SJ Lubricated Plug Valve delivers the high level of performance you have come to expect with Homestead. Principle applications include Hot-Mix asphalt plants and Roofing manufacturing.
Homestead Lubricated Plug Valves deliver cost effective quick opening and closing with a tight, leak-proof closure. They are available in standard rectangular port and full rectangular port, 2-way shutoff and 3-way diverter designs. Available end connections are threaded (1/2”-4”) and flanged (1”-8”). Additional options include Transflo and Proportioning plug designs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- CONSTRUCTION: Standard material is high tensile ASTM A126 Class B cast iron. ASTM A536 65-45-12 ductile iron is also available for high temperature applications. Flange thickness, diameter and drilling fully conform to ANSI B16.1 Class 125.
- COST: Plug valves are usually lower in cost and lighter in weight than comparable gate or globe valves.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: Only a small initial injection of sealant, with minimal follow-up sealing, is required for positive shut-off. Minimal quick and easy follow-up sealing assures long lasting service.
- HOT-JACKETED BONNET: The ductile iron Steam/Hot Oil jacketed bonnet keeps the valve hot to ensure liquid asphalt flows through the valve without buildup due to cooling and thickening.
- PLUG: The single solid-piece plug design features true bi-directional seating and low vibration operation.
- FLOW: Various multi-port configurations make them suitable for a wide range of applications.
- SEAL: A thin film of sealant not only forms an incompressible seal to prevent gas or liquid leakage, but also reduces friction between the body and plug, offering low torque operation.
- SEAT: Metal to metal seating assures long life, with no rubber to wear.
- TESTING: Every valve is 100% leak-tested before shipment to ensure reliable shut-off.
- ACTUATION: Valves are available with lever, manual gear, pneumatic and electric actuation.