Series 700 Lubricated Plug Valves
For over 120 years Homestead has been building a reputation of dependability, reliability, safety and uncompromising quality. The Series 700 Class 250 (*) Lubricated Plug Valve delivers the high level of performance you have come to expect with Homestead. Principle applications include HVAC balancing. (*) Note: For flammable gas or liquid applications, the maximum operating pressure is 125psig.
Homestead Lubricated Plug Valves deliver cost effective quick opening and closing with a tight, leak-proof closure. Available end connections are threaded (1”-4”) and flanged (2-1/2”-16”)
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- CONSTRUCTION: Standard material is high tensile ASTM A536 65-45-12 ductile iron. Flange thickness, diameter and drilling fully conform to ANSI B16.1 Class 250.
- COST: Plug valves are usually lower in cost and lighter in weight than comparable gate or globe valves.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: Only a small initial injection of sealant, with minimal follow-up sealing, is required for positive shut-off. Minimal quick and easy follow-up sealing assures long lasting service.
- PLUG: The single solid-piece plug design features true bi-directional seating and low vibration operation.
- SEAL: A thin film of sealant not only forms an incompressible seal to prevent gas or liquid leakage, but also reduces friction between the body and plug, offering low torque operation.
- SEAT: Metal to metal seating assures long life, with no rubber to wear.
- TESTING: Every valve is 100% leak-tested before shipment to insure reliable shut-off.
- ACTUATION: Valves are available with lever, manual gear, pneumatic and electric actuation.