Series 600 Lubricated Plug Valves
The Series 600 Lubricated Plug Valve delivers the high level of performance you have come to expect with Homestead. Principle applications include natural gas, propane gas, digester gas, liquid asphalt, HVAC balancing, ore slurries, and various other industrial services.
Homestead Lubricated Plug Valves deliver cost effective quick opening and closing with a tight, leak-proof closure. They are available in standard rectangular port, full rectangular port, full round port, diamond port and multi-port designs. Available end connections are threaded (1/2”-4”) and flanged (1”-24”). All Series 600 valves have earned CRN Registration. Select models and sizes carry CSA Approval and UL Listing. Consult factory for applicable models and sizes.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- CONSTRUCTION: Standard material is high tensile ASTM A126 Class B cast iron. ASTM A536 65-45-12 ductile iron is also available for high temperature applications. Flange thickness, diameter and drilling fully conform to ANSI B16.1 Class 125.
- COST: Plug valves are usually lower in cost and lighter in weight than comparable gate or globe valves.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: Only a small initial injection of sealant, with minimal follow-up sealing, is required for positive shut-off. Minimal quick and easy follow-up sealing assures long lasting service.
- PLUG: The single solid-piece plug design features true bi-directional seating and low vibration operation.
- FLOW: Various port configurations make them suitable for a wide range of applications.
- SEAL: A thin film of sealant not only forms an incompressible seal to prevent gas or liquid leakage, but also reduces friction between the body and plug, offering low torque operation.
- SEAT: Metal to metal seating assures long life, with no rubber to wear.
- TESTING: Every valve is 100% leak-tested before shipment to ensure reliable shut-off.
- ACTUATION: Valves are available with lever, manual gear, pneumatic and electric actuation.